Welcome to DirectSmile

3rd Party Integration - GMC PrintNet T Designer

link this post written on 13/09/2011
  • To top

DirectSmile Integration Server can work with GMC PrintNet T Designer.

You will find the complete manual as PDF in the files section: GMC_EN.pdf 

Here is short example how do they work together.

1. Add "Data Transformer" module

GMC PrintNet T Designer

2. Create linked field with db-column you want to use in personalized image

Create Linked field

3. Select 'DirectSmile' in field converter menu

Select 'DirectSmile' in the drop down menu

4. Connect with DSMI

Enter your login credential

When you enter your login credential of DSMI(URL, User name, password), then it automatically retreive all available DSM-Set which belong to that user account. So you can select one of them which you want to use.

5. Insert Variable Images

Insert variable images

Go back to "Layout" module, you need to insert "Variable Image" in the Layout tree as one of new item.  

Select new created field

When you insert variable image in the "Image" item of the layout tree, then you will see Layout Properties fields in the left bottom. Then open the "Variable" field, and select the field which we created to use for DSM personalized image from the Data tree item.

Drag & Drop Image

To place the variable image(Personalized image), you can drag&drop the item from layout item. And change the size of image frame, and place where you want on the page.

6. Proof

Proof of the layout

Let's see the proof of the layout. You can see the personalized image was displayed in there. So you can output it as any format as you like.

edited on 05/10/2012 by tobias.knapp
link this post written on 09/01/2013
  • To top

Hi,

How to connect DirectSmile Server in GMC PrinNet T Designer. and how to crate user account.

please confirm web link.

Thanks

Arun

• To top

Hi Arun,

To connect DirectSmile Integration Servre from GMC PrintNet T Designer, please check the short guide manual GMC_EN.pdf .

Since there are several way to connect, you can find most suitable way for your requirement.

To create account in DSMI, please download DirectSmile Integration Server manual from help and Download center.

I hope it will help you.

Best regards,

NOG

• To top

Hi,

Thanks for reply, i have download attached pdf file & understand. but  i couldn't find link of DirectSmile Integration Server setup and could not creat account.

please help & send link for DirectSmile Integration Server setup.

Best regards,

Arun

Hi Arun,

To connect DirectSmile Integration Servre from GMC PrintNet T Designer, please check the short guide manual GMC_EN.pdf .

Since there are several way to connect, you can find most suitable way for your requirement.

To create account in DSMI, please download DirectSmile Integration Server manual from help and Download center.

I hope it will help you.

Best regards,

NOG

[/quote]
  • To top

Hi Arun,

Here is the link how to open Help & Download Center. I hope it will help you.

http://forum.directsmile.com/networks/forum/thread.48169:1

Best regards,

NOG

link this post written on 10/01/2013
  • To top

Hi NOG,

According to your Suggestion, I have download & install demo of DirectSmile VDP Studio Version 5.0. from your site & download theDSMI pdf file.

I read the DSMI pdf file. but i need only user & password for variable Image access in GMC PrintNet T Designer.

Could you provide DirectSmile demo login & password for testing purpose?

Thanks & regards

Arun kumar

link this post written on 10/01/2013
  • To top

Dear Arun Kumar,

Thank you for having interest in our solution. We are pleased to introduce our sales team. Please contact them, and ask to get the test account.

sales@directsmile.com

Best regards,

NOG

link this post written on 11/01/2013
  • To top

Hi NOG,

Good Morning..

We had requested to your sales person for test account but your guys unable to given test account, reason test account have a very slow .

How can run DirectSmile demo without user account?

Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arun Kumar

link this post written on 11/01/2013
  • To top

Dear Arun Kumar,

Good morning! For the integration work with GMC and DirectSmile, it's necessary to have account on any one of DSMI server. So it's unable to test it without demo account.

I talked with our sales guy, and he will send you the login credential for your test, in very soon. Please wait a while.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

NOG

• Statistics: 9 Posts | 68 Visits
created by mixxt
  • v1.1.1
  • (highfive)