Welcome to DirectSmile

- - - N E W - - - Barcode Plugin

link this post written on 15/06/2011
  • To top

Since version 4.1.0.586 there is a new barcode plugin that provides more barcode types and more settings that can be changed. To use it, please select "Barcode" in the menu "Picture type" and browse the options with "..." Now you can select the barcode type and change the settings.

Barcode_586

1) create a new image frame (press shift to get a square)

2) sync the frame

3) IMPORTANT select "Barcode"

4) click [...]

5) select the barcode type

6) click OK

Finally assign a database column to the barcode variable in the bridge, e.g. via drag & drop.

Preview:
If you preview your document with the new barcode the first time, you will get a "TRIAL" on top of your barcode. Here is how to get rid of that:

1) in InDesign select the barcode frame

2) click "SYNC" in the bridge

3) click [...] to open the barcode settings

4) delete the "TRIAL" from the "Additional text"

5) click OK

This needs to be done only once, now you will get the barcode without any text.

Examples

- assign the name of the customers to create a voucher and the customer gets an discount/present in a shop

- assign the name or a unique customer ID to create an event invitation and scan the barcode at the entrance

- assign a (static) url that leads the customer who scans the barcode directly to your homepage

- assign an email address (mailto:sales@directsmile.de) so that scanning starts writing an email to that address

- assign the purl (of a database you exported from your DSMX) so that the barcode leads directly to the unique webpage

- assign a vCard code so that the scan of the barcode creates a new contact in the address book

Please note:
No matter what you want to assign to a barcode, to make it work you need to know what kind of barcode type you need. There are a lot of different types and some of them can display characters, some only numbers and some only a specific amount of characters. That means that you can use DirectSmile to create a barcode, but as preparation you need to inform yourself which kind of barcode you need and what kind of data can be displayed.

The barcode type also depends on the barcode scanner that will be used. Especially if you want to use the QR code for vCards there are a lot of factors that influence the functionality. There are different ways to create vCard codes and the successful creation of a new contact in the address book depends on the code, the barcode scanner and the software.

The author has edited this post (on 01/06/2012)
link this post written on 12/04/2013
  • To top

Hi, im finding a image barcode add on program for my image work requirement, and can you tell me the priorities of your barcode plugin compared with this image barcode add on application? i wanna make a better choice for me before i purchase, thanks a lot.

edited on 13/02/2015 by DSM
link this post written on 12/04/2013
  • To top

Hello,

with DirectSmile VDP Studio you can easily include barcodes in your Adobe InDesign document. There are a lot of different barcode types. The content of the barcodes can be static or personalized with information from your database. You don't need any programming skills for it and besides personalized barcodes you can also personalize text in InDesign, use the InDesign layers to create rules for different designs for different database records and include the DirectSmile personalized images in your document: http://directsmile.com/VDP-Studio/

The output for print can be PDF, PPML or JLT.

On our homepage you can download the product brochure and also download a demo version.

DirectSmile personalized barcodes (and personalized text and images as well) can not only be included in print documents, but also in webpages and e-mails, please see our product DirectSmile Cross Media for more information:

http://directsmile.com/Cross-Media-Marketing

For more detailed information you can contact our sales team directly: sales@directsmile.com

Best regards
DirectSmile team

The author has edited this post (on 13/02/2015)
link this post written on 21/08/2013
  • To top

i have never used this  barcode plugin c# before, i have tried DirectSmile VDP Studio, pretty powerful tool and able to create various types of barcodes, you can purchase DirectSmile VDP Studio. worth buying.

edited on 06/01/2014 by DSM
link this post written on 18/12/2013
  • To top

how about the price ?

hgh.thg:

i have never used this  barcode plugin c# before, i have tried DirectSmile VDP Studio, pretty powerful tool and able to create various types of barcodes, you can purchase DirectSmile VDP Studio. worth buying.

edited on 06/01/2014 by DSM
  • Statistics: 5 Posts | 125 Visits
created by mixxt
  • v1.1.1
  • (highfive)