Welcome to DirectSmile

Problem with "Render Hidden"

link this post written on 11/07/2014
  • To top
Hi, I have a little problem here... I would like to make that gray box to be rendered hidden but for some reason it stays visible all the time (unless I click "Show never"). Does anyone know a reason/solution for this?
Thanks already!
Best regards
Jukka Mäkelä
  • To top

Hi Jukka,

I assume it because you are using "Stacked" as type of group which contain this element.

By changing that, you can hide it I think. Or maybe you just need to change an order in the tree?

I hope it will help you.

Best regards,

NOG

• To top

Hi,

Changing order didn't work but it indeed seems to work when I remove it from the stacked group... It's weird because I used similiar style to create a pop-up in another campaign and It worked very well.

I'll experiment with this later and inform if anything comes up.

Thanks NOG

Jukka

link this post written on 14/07/2014
  • To top

I still can't find out where the problem stands but there seems to be some bugs/errors in this current campaign. When I build this pop-up action in some another campaign and then copy paste it to this campaign it works just fine. No matter if the element is in the stacked group or not.

This campaign is a facebook tab so I quess the problem might be there.

But anyway, it seems to work now.

• To top

I have had the same experience with other elements. Some times they just break and behave in unexpected manners. Making an exact copy of the element in a different campaign and copying it over seems to solve the problem most of the time.

Btw. do you use a js/jquery snippet to display the pop-up, or some built in cross media function?

• To top

That's weird. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm not too familiar with the scripts and codes so for now I'm just using the "Show Item" / "Fade Item" actions for this.

Jukka

link this post written 14 hours ago
  • To top

I have FINALLY managed to solve this problem.

It is indeed caused by a "Stacked Group" and fadescript problem can be avoided by adding a one "pointless" group between "stacked" and "render hidden" -groups. This group must not have any values (borders, widht, height, background). Just a plain Horizontal aligned group.

link this post written 11 hours ago
  • To top

Hello Jukka,

I could confirm your recent finding. Groups that are rendered hidden and should be displayed via show item extension do not need to be in a stacked group directly, but only with a small "buffergroup" between. This behaviour is not intended and I have forwarded to dev team for fixing.

Thank you very much for testing!

Kind regards

• Statistics: 8 Posts | 28 Visits
created by mixxt
  • v1.1.1
  • (highfive)