Welcome to DirectSmile

Newbie asking question... more than one text field in DirectSmile VDP Studio?

link this post written on 20/07/2012
  • To top

Hello,

Can you have more than one text field in DirectSmile VDP Studio?

I have an image of a beach scene with a plain flying overhead pulling a sign. and another part of the picture is a monogramed towel.

We want both to be variable but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create an addition text field that is linked to a second data field form the db.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

link this post written on 23/07/2012
  • To top

Hello fchrisb,

maybe you could not find it because you searched in the Set Editor (that's why I moved your post here). The Set Editor is only to prepare the design, not for assigning database columns. If you use DirectSmile VDP you can create a new job with Adobe InDesign, place your Set and assign different database columns in the bridge.

For more information please download the "DirectSmile Document manual" from the software menu "Help -> Help and DownloadCenter" and have a look at the following forum topic:

FAQ: How can I assign different variables to different frames?

It might seem uncomfortable that you cannot assign database columns in the Set Editor directly, but that way you can prepare a DirectSmile Set and use it for several different jobs with different database columns because it is not combined with a particular database. I hope I could help!

Best regards
DirectSmile Team

• To top

Thanks for the info. I figure it out over the weekend playing around with it and reading "181146_17146_SeparatingCharacters.pdf" from another thread. Do you have a downloadable manual in pdf form? Thanks again.

• To top

You're welcome!

All PDF manuals can be downloaded in the software directly, please open the menu and click "Help -> Help and Download Center".

Please click here to see the menu

Best regards
DirectSmile Team

• Statistics: 4 Posts | 41 Visits
created by mixxt
  • v1.1.1
  • (highfive)