Welcome to DirectSmile

How do I create a set with a tranparent background?

link this post written on 22/08/2012
  • To top

I want to create a set with a transparent background so when I use it in my GMC document only the variable text will show and the GMC page's background image will be visible behind the variable text. Right now I am getting a white box behind the Direct Smile image in my document. See screenshot below. I was hoping to have the while box be transparent, but I cannot figure out how to do this in the set editor because I am required to have a background image.

My Example

The author has edited this post (on 22/08/2012)
link this post written on 23/08/2012
  • To top

Hi Ken,

You can simply add additional paramter "&convert=png" in the calling personalized image url. Then you will get PNG image which is just contain personalized text of the DSM-Set. So you won't see the white rectangle as background of it.

How to add additional paramter for calling personalized image url, please refer to Page 19 of  "How to Demonstrate the Integration Workf of DirectSmile Integration Server and GMC PrintNet T Designer" documentation. If you don't have it yet, please ask DirectSmile sales team or just create new thread in Support Center. Then they will provide it to you.

I hope it will be your help:-)

Best,

NOG

• To top
Thank you for the information. I have created a topic in the support forum to get the manual as I do not have it and cannot find it in the download support center.
  • To top

NOG,

I haven't gotten the manual but I figured it out. Once I saw the string GMC was creating and sending to Direct Smile I could see that all I had to do was append the "&convert=png" to the end of that string using a second data transformer module and sure enough the image I got back was able to be loaded with transparency.

Thank you NOG.

• To top

Thought it would be good to show the end result!

Transparaency Solution

link this post written on 24/08/2012
  • To top

Hi Ken,

Thank you! It's great that we could see your successful resul:-)

You are welcome!!

• Statistics: 6 Posts | 34 Visits
created by mixxt
  • v1.1.1
  • (highfive)