Welcome to DirectSmile

FAQ: How to create your own Picfont

link this post written on 02/04/2014
  • To top

If you want to create your own picfont, you can create a whole new alphabet!

It is very important that you take care of the following things

- images are tif files (without any additional layers, masks, etc)

- save the images in Adobe Photoshop without any compression (Compression = None)

CompressionNONE

- each Picfont needs its own folder in the folder \DirectSmile Generator\PicFonts\

List

- if you have created a new folder but your font is not in the list, click the top menu "Font" -> "Refresh all font-lists"

- usually you use one image and one mask (only black and white, maybe grey for transparency) for each character

fire

- name the images correctly: you can use "A to Z" as shown above or use the hex code (use an additonal "m" for the mask images)

Hex

- all files must have the same height! The width can be different.

height

- you can create more than one image per character, DirectSmile will use the images one after another:

tammy

Have fun creating your own Picfonts! The possibilities are almost endless

Mary

Rene

Jennifer

Joseph

Daney

Lucy

link this post written on 13/05/2015
  • To top

I am trying to create my own PicFont. I know the boxes that contain the letters have to be the same size vertically but not horizontally. Does the vertical size take into consideration the descending letters like the j, g & y for example or are the lower case letters? So I would have to make the original vertical orientation large enough to contain the descenders on all the fonts no matter if they are upper or lower case?

Right now I am so confused!

Thanks,

Mary Gordon

link this post written on 08/10/2015
  • To top
Yes, all letters of a PicFont need to take place in the same height of the images, otherwise you will receive an unexpected base line shift.
  • Statistics: 3 Posts | 14 Visits
created by mixxt
  • v1.1.1
  • (highfive)